Extra Credit and Extra Ca$h
The CTC Business department, under Dr. John Frith, will soon announce an essay contest on business ethics. This is a vital concept in your education, so if you are interested in extra credit (and the possiblity of winning the $75 first prize), enter this essay contest. You can earn 10 extra credit points on the exam of your choice, possibly earn some money, AND get credit for this week's blog assignment. So reseach business ethics -- what it is, how it is part of the IT industry, and who is involved. As always, include a summary of your findings, a relevant URL, and your name in your comments.
Blog on!

12 Comments:
Not sure if I can say this, but I do not want to participate in the essay contest. I'll write something else if I have to.
Marlon S.
Details -
100o words for less on "Why is Ethics Important in Business"
Deadlline Oct 16,
Building 152, room 202.
Proof of submission for extra credit
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_ethics
IT follows much the same ethics that other types of businesses use, however they may not have to deal with things such as animal rights.....
Privacy is a big concern within the IT business, as are all the normal accounting ethics.
The IT field is held to pretty much the same stanards as other businesses, as can be seen with a certian heads of a certian business witch invaded the privacy of its own workers.
Kirk Mo
External Link: http://talran.blogspot.com/2006/09/from-httpen.html
mmm um i think i might check into it.
Darrius moore
what is Ethics? And is it really used in todays business world.
LM
Found at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_ethics
"Business ethics is a form of applied ethics that examines ethical rules and principles within a commercial context; the various moral or ethical problems that can arise in a business setting; and any special duties or obligations that apply to persons who are engaged in commerce.”
From this, I conclude that business ethics is mostly applied with money. Consumers will be sold one item, however, will need to buy another in order to upgrade their first item. This occurs at nearly all stores, (Walmart, RadioShack, etc.) People are pulled in.
Marlon S.
I told you I paid attention, I just didnt sit in the front.
-Krik
http://talran.blogspot.com/2006/09/on-that-flash-bit-we-just-watched.html
business ethics are the standards within which businesses should observe in their dealings, over and above compliance with the law.The information technology code of ethics are clearly stated ....'www.ieee.org'but do we really follow them as proffessionals?remember whatever you do whether good or bad has an impact on the society you live in.
i'll try and write something about it "essay contest"
denish
I dont think I will join the contest but I'll take a look at it.
Amanda R.
its very interesting i'm foward into
Chris A
business ethics in short is the ability to become distribut and gain all in fairplay
alex burney
mmm um i think i might check into it. Darrius moore
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home