Welcome to Intro to the Internet
To start the semester, students must go to Bing and explore that site. What features are unique? How does Bing compare to other search engines?
Once you have explored Bing, comment in this blog as demonstrated in class.
Blog on!

21 Comments:
While Bing is new and novel in its approach as a more visual-based, "touchy-feely" type search engine, I believe that Google will remain as the standard by which to measure all others simply because they have established themselves as such.
The newest search engine "Bing" by Microsoft looks cool with all the meta files and awesome backgrounds. I compared google with bing as far as providing a much more streamlined search results and I didn't see much difference. Although the aesthetics or look and feel seems better with Bing, it is still just another search engine not the decision engine Microsoft wants it to be.
Bing, has performed well and I’ve been satisfied with the results. There haven’t been any significant deficiencies or missing links on Bing.While there have been a few occasions where I’ve found Google results to be better,because Google has more information and more details when it comes to an important searching topic. Google Brings better results than Bing.
I didn't notice that much of a difference between the search results that Google and Bing both gave me when looking up the same topic with the exact same phrasing. However, Bing's website is more aesthetically pleasing, which makes it appear more inviting than Google.
Truth is I prefer to stick to what I know. I hate that today technology is forever changing. As soon as I learn how to use one program they upgrade to another one. Bing is a good seach engine, but I prefer to stick with google. Because, it is what I know....
I liked the visual aspects of Bing and since my main e-mail is hotmail, it was nice to have that there to access quickly. Although it stimulated me visually and was fun to navigate through, I like my Google and I'm not a fan of change because it usually doesn't work out for me.
I like bing iits very useful and fun.
I believe that Bing is very useful and fun.
Bing is ok, but as one of the above commenter posted Ill be sticking with my good ole reliable Google.
I think I like the way Bing gives results based on where you live. I also think the look is cool. It is easy to navigate.
Bing is pretty decent, but Google still is the better search engine IMO.
I never used bing until I joined this class. I've been using google for all my research needs. I believe bing and google is identical in alot of ways. I'll just have to give bing a try and not just use google. Bing has a very colorful webiste which gives it plus for me.
It's about time Microsoft came up with their own search engine. They really made it catching to the eye but I still prefer my good ol' Google.
I really enjoy the different options on Bing(Images, Video, etc..)I also like the weather and popular now. I also ran some technical searches, and Bing list over 5 million more found site than Google. I must say though, I will continue to use Google as it is on AOL and I am too lazy to change my ways.
I liked Bing it was very useful!!!
Bing is a good search engine. The layouts are very nice. I think its just a way for microsoft to get more money.
I think that bing is more fun than google i find myself moving my mouse around the picture other than looking up a topic..
Bing is a very inviting website, decorated with the most interesting pictures. I have not found much of a difference between Bing and Google. I personally prefer google because of it's cleanliness and reliability.
Along with the pretty interface and hidden hints to help you figure out the browser photo of the day, BING also provides a great visual search tool using metafiles for photos, data and video. It also has an interactive security feature requiring the user to change the setting depending on the search, as opposed to just assuming the user wants ALL hits related to the search.
It is a fun to use but can be a bit to get used to for someone that regularly uses Google or Yahoo and is used to the primarily text based search results.
To me Bing seems like the same as using Google or Yahoo. Whenever I type in something I wanna search for, the autocomplete comes up just like the other popular search engines(Google, Yahoo) does. The only difference I would say is that its more colorful and stands out!
There isn't much of a difference between Google and Bing besides the home page being more aesthetically looking on Bing but That's what Google Chrome did right. I don't use any web browser enough to really tell the difference. Either one is good enough for me!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home