Tuesday, September 06, 2011

The Internet and History

We are all using the Internet as an everyday resource, but it has its role in history also. This site shows the world as it was on September 11, 2001 when everything changed in our lives.

For your weekly assignment, view the site and then post your comments here in the blog. Don't forget that even though you are signing on as "ANONYMOUS" you should include your name in the comment.

Blog on!

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remeber that terriable day, i wsa in class doing homeork in high school when the class was intterupted for the horriable new that a plane had crashed into the building. i will never forget that day nor will i try

Allan

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was too young to understand what had really happened, but was horrified by it all when I had gotten home that day.

-Chris

12:45 PM  
Blogger Luis Sierra said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Luis Sierra said...

I remember I was 13 years old, in 8th grade theater class on September 11, 2001. The teacher took a moment to stop and turn on the news for the entire class period as we all watched in horror and disbelief at the events that occured. We all live with the mindset that we're all safe and it's just a slap in the face back to reality when you see something like that happen to the biggest city in the U.S.A.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

This is my comment from my google account.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the September 11,-2001 I was in the 6th grade at the time. I remember that we had to have a moment of silence and we also watched it on the news. I was frightend and scaried, and so hurt and up set about it. Now that I am older, my prayers and heat goes out to all of the families, and friends who have been affected, in this memory. This will never be forgotten, and always be remembered.I get sad when we come around this day, and time because it takes me back to this day of memory lane of pain and hurt.

Arnetia

12:52 PM  
Blogger Shacora said...

I was getting my two older children ready for school and I was pregnant with my youngest son when 9/11 occured. I was actually watching it live on Goodmorning America, when the first plan hit the first tower. I was a devasting sight. I will never forget it, and my heart goes out to all of the victims and their family and friends.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Jason Ingram said...

I was in 8th grade when the towers were hit.....The seriousness of the situation didnt dawn on us kids while we were watching it on the news until we witnessed people jumping out of the building from the top as opposed to burning to death.....My teacher said one thing to us. That everyone on that day would remember where they were and what they were doing. Kinda sad though, I feel as if most people have forgotten what happened 10 years ago.

12:59 PM  
Blogger P.J. said...

I was asleep in my room in Korea when the first plane hit. Someone came to my room and woke me up and told me to go to the MP station. When I got there I was told that a plane just flew into the world trade center. My only reply was "you woke me up for this?" I then went back to bed. I was woken up again after the second plane hit and then I realised that the US was actually under attack, and that my life would never be the same.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't now what was going on at the time because I was a kid. But after a couple of years, when I finally figured it out, I felt terrible for some time.

Darrell

1:41 PM  
Blogger Fred O said...

I was 16 when the twin towers fell. I remember sitting high school watching the event on fold on CNN. It had a rather large impact on my life in the years to follow and was the main reason why, at the age of 18 I went and saw my recruiter. I spent the next 8 years of my life in the Army and although I’m no longer in the military I will always remember September 11, 2001. I will be sure to pay my respects to the families of all those lost.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

09/11/2001 will always be remembered as 911. It had its impact on me as the day when I decided to enter the military and defend my country. Its impact was also felt by my friends, many who were native New Yorkers. The day that changed our most recent history, became such tragedy that my friends and I decided to create a small music video in tribute to those who lost loved ones that day.
As we, the living, remember the men, women and children who lost their lives that day, let us never forget to stand vigilant, to stand ready, and to stand together.

R.V.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Shanea J said...

I was in my 7th grade English class when I heard about our nation's tragedy. Mrs. Martin, my teacher, turn the TV on to CNN. She explained to us what happened. Our classroom fell silent while we watch firefighters rescuing, the traumatize faces of the people, and all of the smoke and dust permeating the air. It was hard to watch. I wanted to cry. We were released from school early that day. Many students were happy about the early dismissal, but the only thing I could think about and wonder was if my family members that lived and worked in that city were alive and well.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was 12 years old and in the 6th grade when it happen. I was at school and all the tvs were turned to the news. I couldn't beleive what was happening.

Tyler

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in APGov in high school. I was a senior; and it was my last day of school there. My teacher, (a very masculine and passionate man), was crying as I walked in the room. He was watching television as I caught wind of the news. It was a terrible event. The rest of my senior year was spent observing students in fear of an attack; they would duck beneath cafeteria tables at a sound of a plane flying over the school. It has not been my first time witnessing social chaos.
~Joanna

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when 9/11 happened I was returning home from a class and turned on sportscenter and a newsbreak interrupted showing what happened. I called my dad who was in another state and we talked for a bit in shock. It was emotional to me being my father was in the military 30 years with my mother raising four boys while my father was overseas. I feel for all whos lives were directly affected by that tragedy.

-Pablo Santos

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Sep 11 2001 like yesterday, my AIT Class was about to graduate and we were all getting together to practice marching to receive our certificates. Some of the Drill Sergeants gathered us all in the day room this big room with a large TV and before they could explain we see a replay of the first plane strike the first tower and live footage on a second TV showed #2 hit. My Aunt worked in the Pentagon at that time and her office was leveled she survived. I just remember trying to call her and the phones wouldn’t work. At the same time my wife and soon to be new born flashed in my mind because they told us we were going to war. I remember feeling a sense of duty and fear, not knowing what was next but ready to protect my country.

Michael

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was 19 and I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember my roommate waking me up before work saying that a plane had crashed into the twin towers. We started watching the news and that’s when the second plane hit. I remember my roommate saying to me we are under attack and things are never going to be the same again. I remember going into work and seating with my boss and watching the news all day. It was one of those days that I will never forget.

Ashley

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in 5th grade when the event happened. I remember the entire school being shown news footage of the tragedy. I knew what had happened, but I did not understand the full impact 9/11 would have.

Aaron

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never forget what happened on 9/11, and i will remember all the heroess that lost their lives.

Allan

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remeber I woke up that day and turned the news on and there was total caos. I watched the news closely to figure out what was going on, and learned that our nation was under attack.
I have a few friends that live in the New York city area and I remember calling everyone to make sure they were ok. It was a really scary afternoon.
Deborah

2:01 PM  
Blogger Dr. L-Z said...

I was a freshman at a Department of Defense school in Germany and it was about 5-6pm when it happened over here. I remember the schools being shut down for almost a week and the security on the military base the tightest I have ever seen it.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 years ago, remember i was in the 3 or 4 grade and i didnt know what was going on. the teacher turned on the tv and in the beginning, since we were little, it look like birds at first, but then they zoom then and everyone started to screaming and crying because it was people dieing. i will never forget that day. plus i always wanted to see the twin towers in person but its gone now.

-Paul L.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember 9/11 very well. The event was devasting to American way of life. Never before had something like this happened. I got an opportunity to see the American people pull together to assist those in need.

Steven W

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was asleep because I worked nights. I remember being woke up by my friend to the first tower being hit. As the second tower was hit I knew everything had changed. I know everyone felt helpless to do anything to stop it. I remember that everyone tried to do something to show thier support in their own way. I knew then the world we all knew was forever gone.

Jeremy A.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home